2021 European Organic Congress
Organic's contribution to the European Green Deal
• The European Organic Action Plan • The reform of the Common Agricultural Policy • From Farm to Fork Strategy
The 2021 Congress, with the title “Organic’s contribution to the European Green Deal” aimed to inspire the participants by focusing on how the agri-food sector’s initiatives enhance the transition towards a more sustainable food system, through the aid of leading examples from representatives and experts amidst the organic sector. The New EU Organic Regulation 848/2018 will also was explored, while focusing on its implications for the objective of 25% EU organic land by 2030. We drove deep into how organic districts, living labs and farm demonstrations contribute to rural development and the success of the Organic Action Plan. Moreover, organic’s contribution to climate change mitigation, with the EU Green Deal, the Biodiversity and Farm to Fork strategies and last but not least, the Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) were the key themes for the Congress’ debates.
EOC2021 programme, presentations & recordings
European Organic Congress Day 1/Dia 1:
- Opening / Abertura
- The new CAP and the European Green Deal: How far apart? / A nova PAC e o Pacto Ecológico Europeu: Quão distantes estão eles?
- Organic farming in Portugal. Current situation of organic farming in Portugal /Agricultura Biológica em Portugal. Situação atual da Agricultura Biológica em Portugal
DAY I: English version
Day I: Portuguese version
Maria Noichl's speech
European Organic Congress Day 2 / Dia 2:
- Climate mitigation and sequestration in agriculture: What is the right level of ambition / A mitigação das alterações climática e fixação do carbono na: Qual é grau correto para essa ambição?
- Towards more sustainable food systems / Rumo a sistemas alimentares mais sustentáveis
Day II: English version
Day II: Portuguese version
European Organic Congress Day 3 / Dia 3:
- The new Organic Regulation (EU) 848/2018: What will change? / A nova regulamentação sobre a agricultura biológica (EU) 848/2018: O que irá mudar?
- Rural development: Long-term vision for rural areas / Desenvolvimento rural: perspetivas a longo prazo para as áreas rurais
- Closing ceremony / Cerimónia de encerramento
Day III: English version
Day III: Portuguese version